50% of women in India now believe that the violence inflicted by their partner is ‘normal’. Donate to help women fight against violence and stand for their rights and live a dignified and self-sustainable life. Help women and girls get access to education, legal support, healthcare, livelihood opportunities so they can be empowered to live a life free from violence and gender discrimination.
This Is Where You Bring Change
About the cause: women empowerment
- There are still some rules and restrictions to women even though India is an independent country.
- The first and foremost issue that is facing by women is child marriages. It leads to the psychological, social, mental and physical issues for that young girl.
- Another problem is the acid attack. It happened many times in India. It is done with the intention of taking revenge on a girl by throwing acid.
- Rape is one of the most significant issues that are faced by women in India. It destroys the entire life of a girl or woman. According to statistics, it is one of the most common crimes on a girl or woman all over the world.
- In tribal areas, women are beaten to death after accused of practising witchcraft. It is one of the superstitions in India.
- Domestic violence is one of the issues in India that women are facing. A woman is insulted or beaten by her husband and her relatives in the home.
- Next issue is the dowry system. Until today, it is practising in India.
- One of the most prevalent issues is sexual harassment. It also includes touching women publicly, teasing her.
- Honour killing is one of the issues that are faced by women in India. A girl will be killed for marrying against the wish of her parents and relatives.
- Female foeticide is another biggest issue. Family members will kill a girl child in the mother’s womb. It is because they consider a girl is a burden to them.