Save The StartUps
90 percent Indian startups fail within the first five years, lack of innovation and funding being the main reason.
This Is Where You Bring Change
About the cause: Save The startUp
- The average time between funding rounds from Seed to Series A is 22 months, Series A to B is 24 months, and Series B to Series C is 27 months.
- 95% of entrepreneurs have at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Only 2 in 5 startups are profitable, and other startups will either break even (1 in 3) or continue to lose money (1 in 3).
- 67% of Series A funded startups in 2017 were already generating revenue before being funded.
- A 2018 study shows that a 60 year old is 3x as likely to build a successful startup than a 30 year old.
- In 2018, there were 145 “active unicorns” in the U.S. collectively worth $555.9 billion.
- In 2016, 69% of U.S. entrepreneurs started their business at home.
- The time of year you pitch, the detailedness of your data, and the value of your pitch deck are a few of the strongest factors affecting the amount of funding a business receives.
- 66% of small businesses will outsource services to other small businesses.
- 82% of successful business owners admit they have the right qualifications and backed up experience to run a company, even with limited cash flow.
- Paying attention to your customers is important since 14% of startups fail due to not regarding customers’ needs.
- Founders who have failed previously have a 20% chance of success while first time first time founders have an 18% chance of success.
- About 90% of startups fail.
- The second largest reason why startups fail (29% of cases) is due to running out of funding and personal money.
- Other notable cases of failure are a weak founding team (23%) and being beat by competition (19%).